- 2 lbs peeled carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp mixed pickling spice
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Cut carrots into 3-inch-long sticks and pack upright in small hot sterilized jars.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, water and salt in saucepan.
- Tie cinnamon stick and pickling spice in cheesecloth bag and add to vinegar mixture. Boil 5 to 8 minutes.
- Fill jars with boiling syrup, leaving ½-inch head space.
- Adjust lids and process in boiling water bath 30 minutes.