Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups chopped Onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp homemade garam masala, which we happened to have on hand, OR
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric (I don't like it and didn't use it, but Moosewood does)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups fresh green peas (took me 45 minutes to shell them!)
- Braise/deglaze onions and garlic in a pot for 5–10 minutes.
- Mix in the ginger, salt, and all spices and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and sweet potato, stir. Add 1 1/2 cups of water, stir.
Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.