Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time:20 min
Cook time:1 hr
A quick relish recipe originally designed for use with stevia instead of sugar. Goes well with all-beef hot dogs. Makes approximately 10-12 oz. of product.
- Half a zucchini
- A cucumber
- Half an onion
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- one half (½) cup sugar (replace with 2 tbsp stevia, if for example using a stevia or other sweetener mixture that is four times sweeter than sugar)
- celery seed
- a little ground mustard
- freshly ground coriander
- Use a grater, mandolin slicer, or food processor to finely shred the vegetables. Place in a 2 quart saucepan with lid.
- In a bowl or measuring cup mix the vinegar, sugar or stevia, and spices. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved and then pour the mixture into the saucepan over the shredded vegetables.
- Simmer on the stove for 45 mins. to an hour. Stir for even cooking approximately every fifteen minutes.
- After allowing to cool pick cloves out if whole cloves were used. Drain, pack into a jar with tongs, and refrigerate.
The sweetness of the product is calibrated by the expectation that after cooking there will still be enough liquid remaining that it will need to be drained and a fair proportion of the sweetener will be removed in that process. Hence, if due to your environment or temperature settings most of the liquid is boiled away, the relish may be left too sweet. It may be possible to fix this by adding more water and draining.