- 8 ounces pancetta, julienned
- 2 ears of white sweet corn
- 1 pound assorted exotic Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound fresh fettuccini Pasta
- Drizzle of white truffle oil
- 3 ounces freshly grated Romano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- Bring a pot of salted water, with a Pasta basket, up to a boil. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, render the pancetta until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the cob. Add the corn to the pancetta fat and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced Mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic.
- Continue to saute for 1 minute. Place the Pasta in the pot of boiling water and cook until al dente, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the Pasta from the water and drain completely. Turn the Pasta in to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the Pasta with the sauteed corn and Mushrooms, reserved pancetta, drizzle of white truffle oil, Cheese and basil.
- Divide the Pasta evenly between four plates.