Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe serves 4.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cup low-fat milk
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Steam the carrots with the sugar, milk, cardamom, and lemon peel for about 15 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Pour int a sieve, pressing firmly on the carrots to remove all the liquid.
- Reserve the liquid.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Add the carrots, stirring to coat with he flour mixture, and toss for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour the cooking liquid over the carrots, mix well and cook or about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into individual serving dishes and garnish with nuts and raisins.
- cardamom, its storage, uses and folklore and mail order.