- 2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar (less, if the bananas are very ripe)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- ¼ cup minute tapioca
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Bring water and coconut milk to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add sugar, salt, tapioca.
- Reduce heat to medium low, let it cook for about 30 minutes, stir frequently.
- Stir in bananas, remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Note: after you add the bananas, don't stir too much, it'll break up the fruit.
- Serve hot, or chill for 3 – 4 hours.