Makes 6 bruschetta.
- 6 ½ to ¾-inch thick slices sweet Hawaiian bread, egg bread, or raisin bread
- 1 medium banana, mashed (½ cup)
- ¼ cup cream cheese with pineapple
- 1½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Toast bread and let cool.
- Combine mashed banana, cream cheese, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Spread some of the mixture over each toasted bread slice. Place slices on a cookie sheet.
- Layer banana slices on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Brush bananas with melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil bruschetta 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 30 to 60 seconds or until banana slices just begin to glaze.
- To serve, sprinkle tops with sifted powdered sugar and garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Serve immediately.