Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- You take the cukes, peel them and then thinly slice them on a grater or a mouli.
- Layer these in a colander and sprinkle salt on each layer.
- Let these sit at least ½ hour so they wilt.
- Thoroughly wash off the salt.
- Meanwhile, mix white vinegar in about equal proportions with sugar.
- Toss the cucumbers with this and chill.
- You may need to adjust the ratio to your personal taste.
- For a salad of 3 cucumbers, I'd maybe use ¼ – ⅓ cup each of vinegar and sugar.
- You could add dill seed to this, but I prefer it plain.