Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- cream Sugar and shortening, add egg and sour milk and stir.
- Sift flour, salt, soda, and baking powder together.
- Add to first mixture.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- Cut into 1 1/2 x 3-inch strips and dry in slow oven.