- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 4 cup milk not low fat
- 3 lrg eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbl butter or margarine melt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Butter a casserole or pan ,set aside.
- Combine the rice and 1 cup of the milk.
- Cover and cook over simmering water until 45 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the Sugar, vanilla, butter, salt and remaining milk and mix well.
- Pour over the rice and sprinkle cinnamon liberally over the top.
- Place dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the hot water and cool on a rack.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.