Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
- Original recipe
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 egg
- ½ cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, lightly toasted and made into coarse crumbs
- ½ small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- ½ pound lean ground pork
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and bread crumbs; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, parsley, salt, allspice, and nutmeg; blend well.
- Add the meats and stir with a fork until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour on a piece of waxed paper and place next to the meat bowl.
- Shape the meat into 48 meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Dip each meatball lightly in the flour and place on a baking sheet.
- Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Add half the meatballs and cook until browned all over, 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook the meatballs until the meat is no longer pink, 20 – 25 minutes, turning occasionally (remaining meatballs should be refrigerated).
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to a bowl, cover, and keep warm.
- Remove any small meat pieces from the skillet.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining meatballs.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 106 | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 65 mg | Cholesterol: 54 mg | Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Exchanges: ½ starch | 2 very lean meat