Swedish Chocolate Balls from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 24
- 8 dl (3¼ cups) oats
- 3 dl (1¼ cups) sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract, added with the coffee)
- 150 g (⅔ cup) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp cold coffee
- flaked coconut or pearl sugar
- Mix oats, sugar, vanilla sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Using your hands or a potato masher, incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the dough has an even consistency.
- Add the coffee and mix until incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with flaked coconut or pearl sugar.
- With your hands, roll the dough into 3 cm (1 inch) diameter balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut or pearl sugar and place on a tray.
- Chill chocolate balls for at least one hour before serving.