Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly grease baking sheets without sides.
- Cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg and beat until light.
- Stir the flours together with the baking powder and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture along with the milk and mix until well blended.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Flatten each half of the dough and place one on each baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Roll the dough out directly on the baking sheet until the dough is ¼ inch thick.
- Pierce all over with a fork.
- Cut into 2 x 3-inch rectangles, leaving them in place.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the crackers where they were scored to separate, leaving them on the baking sheet.
- Return the crackers to the oven to crisp, about 10 minutes.