Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cornbread is a Swazi staple and it's served with almost every meal, especially with stews and curries.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 g wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 300g cornmeal (mealie meal)
- Combine the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and corn meal together in a bowl.
- Add enough milk to make a fairly watery dough.
- Allow to stand for five minutes then pour into a tin and bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve as an accompaniment to any Swazi main meal.