Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh cabbage soup
- 1 lb beef, with bones
- 1 lb smoked pork
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 sour apples
- 2 carrots
- 10 each white and black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- garnish with parsley
- Make broth in the usual way, however, saute onion before adding to broth so that the color of the soup would be better.
- When the meat is tender, strain the broth and clarify.
- Shred cabbage, rub with salt to remove bitter taste and add to broth, cook in an uncovered pot.
- When cabbage is tender, add separately, cooked and strained tomatoes and peeled and grated apples.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer briefly.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.