Czech plum dumplings
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, riced
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 12-15 plums
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- cream 2 tablespoons butter, beat in eggs and salt.
- Gradually beat in flour and riced potatoes.
- Dough should be stiff to knead thoroughly.
- On floured board roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness, then cut 3-inch squares.
- Lay 1 plum on each square, sprinkle with little cinnamon sugar and fold edges over plum.
- Shape with hands into a ball.
- The wall of dough should be very thin.
- Drop dumplings into boiling salted water, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Brown bread crumbs in ⅓ cup hot butter.
- Roll dumplings in buttered bread crumbs, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.