Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Czech plum dumplings
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, riced
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 12-15 plums
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- cream 2 tablespoons butter, beat in eggs and salt.
- Gradually beat in flour and riced potatoes.
- Dough should be stiff to knead thoroughly.
- On floured board roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness, then cut 3-inch squares.
- Lay 1 plum on each square, sprinkle with little cinnamon sugar and fold edges over plum.
- Shape with hands into a ball.
- The wall of dough should be very thin.
- Drop dumplings into boiling salted water, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Brown bread crumbs in ⅓ cup hot butter.
- Roll dumplings in buttered bread crumbs, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.