Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sushi rice, serves 3 – 4
- 4 dl sushi rice
- 4 dl water for boiling
- Rinse the rice (4dl) in a strainer until the water that runs through becomes clear.
- Poor the rice into a pot, add the water (4dl) and let it sit for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- In the meantime; Prepare the vinegar mix by mixing the ingredients in a pot, and stir while heating gently on the lowest heat until the sugar and salt has dissolved into the vinegar. Let it cool off.
- Stir the rice and start the stove up at maximum temperature.
- Bring it to a boil for 2 minutes, then lower the temperature to the minimum and leave on the stove for 15 minutes. Keep the lid on.
- Take the pot away from the heat and let it slowly cool off with the lid still on, for 10 minutes.
- Poor the vinegar mix (or ready-made sushi vinegar) onto the rice and stir gently until the rice is completely covered by the mix and there are no lumps in the rice.
- Let it cool off and you're ready to start making your sushi. (Tip! The rice cools faster if spread out in for example a large oven tray.)
- ↑ You can substitute 5 – 6 tablespoons of ready-made sushi vinegar instead of making the vinegar mix.