Sushi rice, serves 3 – 4
- 4 dl sushi rice
- 4 dl water for boiling
- Rinse the rice (4dl) in a strainer until the water that runs through becomes clear.
- Poor the rice into a pot, add the water (4dl) and let it sit for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- In the meantime; Prepare the vinegar mix by mixing the ingredients in a pot, and stir while heating gently on the lowest heat until the sugar and salt has dissolved into the vinegar. Let it cool off.
- Stir the rice and start the stove up at maximum temperature.
- Bring it to a boil for 2 minutes, then lower the temperature to the minimum and leave on the stove for 15 minutes. Keep the lid on.
- Take the pot away from the heat and let it slowly cool off with the lid still on, for 10 minutes.
- Poor the vinegar mix (or ready-made sushi vinegar) onto the rice and stir gently until the rice is completely covered by the mix and there are no lumps in the rice.
- Let it cool off and you're ready to start making your sushi. (Tip! The rice cools faster if spread out in for example a large oven tray.)
- ↑ You can substitute 5 – 6 tablespoons of ready-made sushi vinegar instead of making the vinegar mix.