Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sour milk dessert
- 2 cups sour milk or buttermilk
- ¼ cup whipping cream (or up to ½ cup)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp rum, or vanilla, or grated rind of lemon or orange
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and dissolve over hot water.
- Beat sour milk with sugar thoroughly.
- Add to softened gelatin with vanilla or rum or grated rind.
- When beginning to set, fold in the stiffly beaten cream.
- Pour into mold rinsed with cold water and sprinkled with sugar.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold on serving plate and decorate with fresh or cooked fruit or berries.
- May also be served with a caramel sauce.