Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lithuanian sweet cheese
- Bring milk to boil with cottage cheese.
- Heat mixture slowly until whey appears and strain with cheesecloth bag.
- Melt butter in large pan, add drained cottage cheese, egg, cream, salt.
- Heat mixture until it becomes thin and then becomes a thickened, gummy mass.
- Put into wet cheese bag, press out air spaces and tighten with string.
- Dip bag into cold water for a few minutes.
- Drain and press between 2 boards to get a smooth cheese.
- Remove cloth and put in refrigerator.
- It will keep up to two weeks.