Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb ground chuck (or ground beef)
- 1 lb onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh carrots, pared and sliced
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cans Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 lb) pkg. of medium egg noodles
- Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- Cook onion slowly with prepared ground chuck until onions are translucent.
- Add pepper (½ teaspoon or to taste).
- Separately cook carrots and green beans together until almost tender, reserve cooking water.
- Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1½ cups of broth from the vegetables (add water if needed to measure 1½ cups).
- Cook egg noodles separately according to package.
- Layer ingredients in a large casserole (13 x 9) beginning with meat, then vegetables, noodles and cover with half of soup.
- Next layer; meat, vegetables, and rest of soup, ending with plain noodles.
- For topping mix: 1¼ cups bread crumbs with melted margarine and sprinkle over top of noodles.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, watching so top does not brown too much.