Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ground corn with vegetables and meat
- Soak dry beans overnight in water.
- Wash in warm water and soak ground corn 2 hours before cooking with l quartered onion.
- Marinate and season pork meat overnight with salt, garlic, vinegar, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Cover dry beans and salted pork with water.
- Cook about one hour and a half or until medium done.
- Drain beans when cooked.
- Cut kale leaves into strips and boil until medum done in water.
- Drain kale leaves.
- Cook ground corn in water until medium done.
- Cut butternut squash and gut out seeds.
- Leave skin on and divide into about 6 pieces.
- In a large pot, layer the following ingredients: squash at the bottom first, skin side down. Then add the pork meat, kale, beans, cubed onions, ground corn.
- Spice with salt, garlic, bay leaf, pepper.
- Add ½ cup oil and 3 cups water.
- Cover with aluminum foil and pot cover.
- Cook on low flame for one hour and a half.