Ground corn with vegetables and meat
- Soak dry beans overnight in water.
- Wash in warm water and soak ground corn 2 hours before cooking with l quartered onion.
- Marinate and season pork meat overnight with salt, garlic, vinegar, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Cover dry beans and salted pork with water.
- Cook about one hour and a half or until medium done.
- Drain beans when cooked.
- Cut kale leaves into strips and boil until medum done in water.
- Drain kale leaves.
- Cook ground corn in water until medium done.
- Cut butternut squash and gut out seeds.
- Leave skin on and divide into about 6 pieces.
- In a large pot, layer the following ingredients: squash at the bottom first, skin side down. Then add the pork meat, kale, beans, cubed onions, ground corn.
- Spice with salt, garlic, bay leaf, pepper.
- Add ½ cup oil and 3 cups water.
- Cover with aluminum foil and pot cover.
- Cook on low flame for one hour and a half.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.