- one small Onion
- one fish
- 1/2 pound Beef
- 1/2 - 1 cup red palm oil
- 2 10 oz boxes of frozen cut okra
- 2 fresh hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper
- 4 Chicken or Beef maggi cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry
- 8 cups of water
- Clean and boil fish in 8 cups of water until is done, about 10–15 minutes.
- Take fish out of pan and add the Beef.
- Thaw and rinse okra.
- Add okra to pan.
- Pull fish from bones and put into pot.
- Keep boiling the water and add onions, fresh hot pepper, maggi cubes, salt and curry.
- Boil the superkanja until it thickens and has about one cup of water left.
- Add red palm oil and turn down heat to medium.
- Continue to cook as stirring.
- Superkanja will be done when palm oil comes to the top.
- Instead of using fresh fish you can save yourself time and use filet of fish.
- Gambians enjoy the palm oil, however, this may be changed to your liking.
- After the palm oil reaches the top you may serve it over cooked rice.