Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Remove drumsticks and breast meat from the chicken.
- In a large heavy pan place the rest of the chicken, lamb shoulder with both the bones.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Skim the broth.
- Remove the chicken and bones.
- Place them in a bowl.
- Take 1 litre cold water, pour half the water into the broth.
- The coolness coagulates the grease and impurities and is to be removed.
- Return the chicken and bones to the broth.
- Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes over low heat.
- It is important not to allow the broth to reach a full boil anytime as this will create a stewed effect instead of clear broth.
- After 20 minutes remove chicken and bones.
- Add remaining cold water, again coagulating more grease and impurities which are once again removed.
- This process is repeated another two or three times, until the broth becomes strong and pure.
- Add onion, ginger and soy sauce to the broth.
- The chopped chicken meat is used as final clarifiers.
- The dark meat from drumsticks is the first clarifier and the white meat is the second.
- In each case the chopped chicken is simmered in the broth for about 10 minutes.
- Then the broth is strained through a sieve.
- The meat, onion and ginger discarded, the broth will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.