Blanched serranos and tomatoes fill this guacamole with flavor.
- 3 medium ripe California avocados
- 9 green tomatoes, peeled
- 12 small Serrano chilies
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- Place water in a one-quart sauce pot and bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes and the chilies
- Boil for 10 seconds only and remove.
- Combine tomatoes, chilies, garlic cloves and salt in a blender and mix
- Pit avocados and scoop out pulp.
- Mash pulp and combine with the blended mixture.
- Add cilantro and mix well.