Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is a traditional Turkish cake that is great for morning or afternoon tea and its low fat! You can use canned or fresh cooking Apples. Using canned Apples makes the cake moister and generally stays fresh longer. This recipe is great for vegans as it is egg-free and uses unrefined Sugar.
- 675 g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 50 g mixed nuts, chopped
- 50 g sultanas
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Put the chopped apples into a large bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Combine the nuts, sultanas, sugar, flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir this mixture into the apples.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve hot or cold.
- For a moister cake add to the ingredients a little fruit juice or water.