- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cupcake tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Sift dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into cupcake tins, evenly distributed between 8 cupcakes.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Frost with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, if desired.