Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny World Recipes Y-Group
- Active Time: 35 minutes | Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 hors d'oeuvre servings.
- ½ lb leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bell peppers (preferably red and orange), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 (15- to 16-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz corn tortilla chips (not low-fat)
- 2 cups grated jalapeño jack cheese (8 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped scallion greens
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- Accompaniment: tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss turkey with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bell peppers, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon oil in skillet over moderate heat and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 2 layers each of corn chips, sautéed peppers, beans, turkey, cheese, scallion, and cilantro in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and jalapeño to taste and serve on the side along with salsa.