Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Monroe Estate in Stephenville, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 slices cubed day old home-style bread with crusts removed
- 6 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 small can mushrooms drained and diced
- 1 small can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 10 slices American cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup cream
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Lay cubed bread on bottom of buttered pan.
- Mix together the chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts and mayonnaise then spread over the bread cubes.
- Mix eggs, salt and milk then spread over the chicken layer.
- Lay cheese slices on top of egg layer.
- Mix soups and spread over cheese layer.
- Arrange pimentos over the top of soup layer.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and sprinkle with bread crumbs before baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350°F oven.
- Spoon sauce over top.
- To make sauce place all ingredients in sauce pan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.