Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs) boiled, peeled, and thickly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Gulden's Special Blend yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp tarragon vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- Combine potatoes, onion, tomato, celery and bacon.
- Blend mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and sugar.
- Spoon dressing over potato salad; toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Gulden's was founded over one hundred and thirty years ago, producing as many as thirty different types of mustard from its original plant on Elizabeth Street, near New York City's South Street Seaport. There ships brought in the mustard seed, vinegar and other spices (they're secret, don't ask), that contribute to Gulden's quality. Today there are three Gulden's Mustards. Golden Yellow, Hot Diablo And Spicy Brown, and the family owned business has been sold to a national conglomerate, but the quality remains high and the mustard remains an essential ingredients, particularly when it comes to a summertime batch of this picnic potato salad.