Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Patterson Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1992. Dated 1944. Another tried and true recipe, although my family prefers it with breasts and drumsticks, so I buy those two pieces of the Chicken.
- 4 pounds Chicken up Chicken
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ pound fresh Mushrooms
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in bowl or paper sack.
- Drop Chicken one or two pieces at time in flour mixture.
- Place in hot oil and brown on both sides for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove Chicken to plate.
- Add Onion, bell pepper and Mushrooms to oil and cook 5 minutes.
- Place Chicken back in pan and add tomatoes.
- Add water to cover and place lid on pan.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- Take 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and mix with 1/4 cold water.
- Bring Chicken back to boil and add flour and water mixture to stew gradually, stirring.
- Turn off heat and let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.