Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 8 oz seitan
- 2 – 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 25 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1 box extra firm silken tofu
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box ziti (16 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Cook ziti according to package directions and drain when finished.
- Mince the seitan and mushrooms in a food processor until course and crumbly.
- Pour mushroom and seitan mixture into a large saucepan and stir in tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the tofu, basil, lemon, olive oil, and salt and pepper until consistency is similar to ricotta cheese.
- Spread some of the tomato-seitan mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan so that it coats the bottom.
- Combine the drained ziti, tofu mixture, and remaining tomato-seitan mixture in a large bowl and mix gently to combine all ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.