Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is great summer fare; perfect for a picnic.
- Serves 6
- 6 cups cooked rotini or fusilli pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil or cold-pressed essential oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup whole, sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 whole cloves garlic (or more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rotini or fusilli.
- Add the broccoli florettes to the pot for the last minute or two of cooking, so that they turn bright green, but stay tender-crisp.
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender.
- Set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients, except the grated carrot and , until smooth.
- Combine the cooked pasta and broccoli, grated carrot, mushrooms and onions and black olives in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over all and toss well.
- Serve cold.