Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This lightly spicy variation of deviled eggs makes the perfect passed hors d’oeuvre or high-protein snack.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste or 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
1. Place eggs in a saucepan in a single layer with water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes. Place unpeeled eggs in refrigerator and let cool for 30 minutes before peeling and halving eggs lengthwise. Set aside white halves on a plate and transfer yolks to a medium mixing bowl. 2. Mash yolks with Mayonnaise, sour cream, tomato paste, shallots, mustard,hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon filling into egg halves evenly, mounding slightly. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.