Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nothing completes a barbecue or picnic like a classic potato salad. The following Summertime Sweet Potato Salad from the Taste of Summer Cookbook is a delicious South Beach Diet-approved spin on an old favorite.
Yogurt and red wine vinegar make a smooth and tasty dressing for this easy picnic dish. Tarragon can be added or used as a substitute for basil. Since sweet potatoes are available year-round, try serving this dish warm in cooler months; simply drain the potatoes and don't rinse them before adding the dressing.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: All New South Beach Diet Cookbook
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 4 (generous ¾-cup) servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1½ lb), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, run under cold water to cool, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, yogurt, bell pepper, scallions, basil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¾-cup serving :
- 120 Calories | 0g Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 4g Protein | 27g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 210mg Sodium