Makes 6 servings.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1½ cups (8 ounces) smoked ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini squash, sliced into 1-inch rounds then in half
- 1 large tomato
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stems removed and torn
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 14½-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups quick-cooking white rice
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Heat large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ham, onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, tomato, spinach and pepper. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Add broth, rice, corn, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.