This is a salsa we made when we felt that the hot summer days and evenings in Arizona called for a salsa/garnish for our meals that would bring some "cool" to the table. So simple!
- ¼ Cup red onion or sweet Onion
- 1 Genuine California avocado
- 1 orange (medium to large)
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 4 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (flavored rice wine vinegar works well also)
- Chopped garlic to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: bell peppers, hot peppers, grilled corn, etc.
Finely chop 1/4 cup Onion
Chop tomatoes into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch chunks
Peel and cut orange into segments without membrane and cut into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch chunks
Peel avocado and chop into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch chunks
Stir all ingredients together and chill for 1/2 hour
Refrigerate for at least one hour.