Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 4 persons.
- 3 small Eggplants
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 3 large celery stalks
- 3 small potatoes
- 12 black olives
- -- Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash basil
- Eggplant and peppers: Peel, slice Eggplants. Place in colander and salt lightly. Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill Eggplant slices and green pepper. (Eggplant should be lightly browned and outer green pepper skin charred). Place green pepper in paper bag, let stand 1/2 hour. Peel green pepper under running water. Dice Eggplant slice green pepper. Place in large bowl.
- Potato: Boil potatoes until tender (about 10 minutes). Cool. Peel, dice and place in bowl with other vegetables.
- Other vegetables;Peel, seed and chop tomato. Chop celery. Slice pitted black olives. Put tomatoes, celery and in bowl. Mix well.
- Dressing: Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and basil. Pour over vegetables in bowl. Toss well.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 1/2 hour and then put in fridge. Stir and toss for 3 hours