Simple Salad Recipe Contest Third Place Winner
- 1 10 oz package Ready Pac Baby spinach
- 1 Ripe California avocado, diced
- 1 Ripe nectarine, diced
- ¼ Cup Vidalia Onion, shaved thin
- ¼ Cup cooked, crumbled Bacon (optional, but worth every calorie!)
- 1 pinch fresh minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
Place vinaigrette ingredients together in a small jar. Shake vigorously to emulsify.
Just before serving, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently. Garnish with fresh edible nasturtiums, if available. Enjoy!