Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup (100 g) low-fat sour cream
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) fresh lime juice
- sugar substitute equivalent of 1 tablespoon (15 g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) grated lime zest
- ½ ripe honeydew melon, about 2 pounds (960 g), peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 1 pound (460 g) strawberries or blackberries, cleaned
- Combine the sour cream, lime juice, sugar substitute, and lime zest in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Alternate the fruit on four skewers.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to an hour.
- To serve, spoon a puddle of the lime cream on a dessert plate.
- Top with a fruit skewer and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 134 calories (15% calories from fat) | 3g protein | 2g total fat (1.5g saturated fat) | 29g carbohydrates | 4g dietary fiber | 10mg cholesterol | 75mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 carbohydrate (fruit) | ½ fat