Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Summer salad with mint
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 cup peeled cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch wedges
- ½ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp high quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita breads, to serve
- Place the bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, mint, parsley and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to mix.
- Toast the pita breads in a toaster until crisp and serve along side (or crumbled on top) of salad.