Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (basil, tarragon, oregano, and parsley)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh beans any kind or a combination of green and yellow types
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with vinegar.
- Add cubed mozzarella, herbs and oil.
- Toss well to coat, season with salt and pepper and marinate for a few hours or overnight to let flavors blend.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans.
- Toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- Season and drizzle with additional oil and vinegar if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (153g-wt.):
- 190 calories (120 from fat) | 13g total fat | 3.5g saturated fat | 3g dietary fiber | 8g protein | 9g carbohydrate | 10mg cholesterol | 200mg sodium