Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (basil, tarragon, oregano, and parsley)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh beans any kind or a combination of green and yellow types
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with vinegar.
- Add cubed mozzarella, herbs and oil.
- Toss well to coat, season with salt and pepper and marinate for a few hours or overnight to let flavors blend.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans.
- Toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- Season and drizzle with additional oil and vinegar if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (153g-wt.):
- 190 calories (120 from fat) | 13g total fat | 3.5g saturated fat | 3g dietary fiber | 8g protein | 9g carbohydrate | 10mg cholesterol | 200mg sodium