- Summer Fruit
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Genuine California avocados, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 Pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 Pint blueberries
- 5 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp mace (East Indian spice similar to nutmeg)
- 2 Cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 ¾ Cups milk
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 Tbsp melted butter (slightly cooled)
Add all other ingredients.
Gently mix fruit salad topping.
Serve on top of hot waffles, with or without liquid syrup.
Beat with a wire whisk until mixed.
Slowly mix in melted butter.
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Fold into flour mixture.
Pour into hot waffle iron.
Note: You may substitute homemade waffles with frozen waffles.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with avocado and fruit salad topping.