Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bunch green onions
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 to 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 pound beef round steak cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Slice onions; separate into rings.
- Cut green onions into 1-inch pieces crosswise, then split.
- Chop spinach coarsely.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add meat; cook over high heat until browned.
- Add vegetables; cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, broth and sugar.
- Pour over meat mixture; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is clear and thickened.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.