Persimmon punch. This is the one of most popular traditional Korean drinks. It is usually drunk in winter. As an added health benefit, this drink contains lots of vitamin C.
- Remove the seeds from the dried persimmons and replace them with four or five pine nuts.
- Wash and scrape the ginger and slice it thinly.
- Simmer the ginger and stick cinnamon with the water until the strong taste draws well.
- Add the sugar and briefly boil again.
- Pour this syrup over the dried persimmons in a large bowl.
- When the persimmons are soft, serve them adding the syrupy liquid and sprinkling whole pine nuts on the top of each serving.
- Hint: chilling the drink will give you a much better taste.