- one cup water
- two cups Sugar
- four cups raw peanuts, shells removed; skins can be removed or left on as desired
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine water and Sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and stir until Sugar is dissolved, to make a syrup.
- Add peanuts. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until peanuts are evenly coated, and no syrup is left in pan.
- Spread nuts out on baking sheets. Bake at 300 degrees F for about thirty minutes to one hour or until Sugar is completely dried. Gently stir the peanuts a few times while baking. Remove from oven and place on paper towels, let cool, and store in airtight containers.