- Cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs one at a time until light and fluffy.
- Beat in oil, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to sugar mixture, beating till well blended.
- Wrap in wax paper; chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Divide dough into thirds (keep ⅓ out, refrigerate the rest till needed).
- Form heaping tsp of dough into ball.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 2" diameter with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Sprinkle with plain or colored sugar and bake 8 - 10 minutes till lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 – 3 minutes.
- Before removing.