Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ella was a neighbor who was ten years older than god when I was a child. She always had these in her cookie jar, and usually would bake a dozen every day since the dough keeps so well. It is one of my all time favorites and I have never tasted them anywhere else.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream sugars and shortening.
- Add milk, vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- With floured hands roll teaspoonful of dough into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- With three fingers together, press ball flat, leaving ridges down the middle.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly gold.