- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture, then fold in pecans and roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.