These are light, tender, tasty pancakes that the whole family will enjoy. Whether you are into low carb, low glycemic, or low calorie, these are a healthier choice.
Why it works: The only significant carbs in this recipe are in the whole wheat flour. The unusually high percentage of eggs tends to dilute those carbs and the fiber in the whole wheat flour and the wheat bran helps offset the carbs.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: Makes 6 – 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup wheat bran (or substitute oat bran)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda (or sugar substitute)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients.
- The wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined adding more milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- Cook on a hot griddle as for other pancakes.
- Serving suggestion: serve with your favorite sugar free preserves.