Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ampere Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- sugar substitute equivalent to 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together first 5 ingredients.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add oatmeal and combine all together.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.